- For students who reside within the Hermiston School District boundary and wish to attend a school other than the one assigned to them based on current attendance zones.
Tier I Transfer Student/Request: Currently enrolled transfer student
Tier II Transfer Student/Request: Student with a new transfer request or incoming kindergarten student requesting a transfer
- All students transfer requests are conducted annually.
- Tier I students may reapply to their transfer school no later than May 15 requesting to re-enroll for the following school year using the form below. This form is to be filled out and submitted to the school they wish to transfer to. If a Tier I request is made after the May 15 deadline, the transfer request will fall into a Tier II application status.
- Tier II applications may be made prior to, or after, May 15. Again, this form should be submitted to the school they wish to attend. All Tier II applications must be received prior to the end of the first full week in August to be considered for start-of-school year transfers.
- An administrative transfer review meeting will be held in August to consider all Tier I and II transfer requests submitted for the upcoming school year.
- Prioritization: Transfers are awarded based on transfer tier status (Tier I requests receive priority consideration over Tier II requests) and will utilize criteria such as available space, building program capacity, and other extenuating circumstances. Lottery processes may be utilized to determine transfer awards, when more applications are submitted than can be accommodated.
- Following the August transfer meeting, parents/students will be notified by the principal of the building in which they will be attending, regarding the status of their transfer request, prior to the start of school.
- It is understood that parents will provide a safe and appropriate method of transportation to the school being requested. It shall not be the responsibility of the District to provide transportation.
- Students awarded a transfer will be expected to abide by the attending school’s code of conduct, attendance, and academic standards. Students who fail to meet expectations may have their transfer revoked, at any time, at the sole discretion of the attending school’s principal or designee. The decision to revoke the transfer is final and not subject to School Board review.
Forms may be picked up at any school, the District Office, or can be downloaded and completed digitally below:
- For students who reside outside of the Hermiston School District attendance area but wish to attend the Hermiston School District.
- For students who reside inside the Hermiston School District attendance area but wish to attend a district other than Hermiston.
- In the case of elementary and middle school requests, inter-district transfers into the district will be placed at the school with the most space availability. Students may not request a desired school.
- The process must be renewed annually.