Equal Education Philosophy
Every student in the Hermiston School District will be given equal educational opportunities regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, color, national origin, disability, marital status, linguistic background, culture, capability or geographic location. Further, no student will be excluded from participating in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity conducted by the district. The district will treat its students without discrimination on the basis of gender as this pertains to course offerings, athletics, counseling, employment assistance and extracurricular activities.
Hermiston School District provides equal access to all programs and services without discrimination based on sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Questions and complaints of alleged discrimination should be directed to Equity and Civil Rights at (541) 667-6118 or 305 S.W.11th Street Hermiston Oregon 97838.
- Special Programs Department
- Talented and Gifted (TAG)
- Title I-A Improving The Academic Achievement Of The Disadvantaged
- Title I-C Migrant Education
- Title III Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students
- Title IX Equal Opportunity in Education Act
- Title X Public Health Service Act