Nominations are open for the fifth annual Distinguished Alumnus award. The award is given to recognize deserving Hermiston High School graduates who are leaders within their respective field of expertise and within their community. Nominations must be submitted to Hermiston High School or the district office by December 1.
Aspiring candidates need to meet the following requirements:
- Must be a graduate of Hermiston High School, having attended Hermiston High School for at least two consecutive years prior to graduation;
- A leader in his or her chosen field/profession, with a proven record of achievement and at least 15 years verifiable and successful professional experience;
- A strong supporter of and contributor to community service;
- Willing to serve as a role model for youth;
- A model citizen with a clean background free of criminal convictions; and,
- Supported by strong references and/or endorsements.
The 2019 Distinguished Alumnus will be revealed on January 28 and will serve as a mentor to students throughout the 2018-19 school year. The selected individual will meet with various student groups as well as the high school’s administrative team.
The recipient will be present at Hermiston High School’s Evening of Excellence on Wednesday, May 8, for honorary recognition and then be a featured speaker at the HHS commencement ceremony scheduled for 7 p.m., on Thursday, June 6, at the Toyota Center in Kennewick, Washington.