Hermiston School District Values
We in the Hermiston School District Believe in:
- The uniqueness of all and the value of diversity.
- Fostering self-esteem, trust, and respect.
- A collaborative process involving all stakeholders.
- Encouraging risk-taking, consistent with these core values.
- Reflection and self-renewal.
- A rigorous academic experience with high achievement expectations.
- A wide range of programs to meet the academic and social needs of all students.
- Fully integrated and effective use of technology.
- Exemplary staff who continually reflect on their practice, learn and progress.
- Use of research-based, best practices teaching methodologies to enhance student learning experiences and the application of concepts.
- Faculty who are supportive of community involvement and willing to assist parents in their efforts to help children learn.
- A qualified Board of Education and Administration focused on adopting policies to support best teaching practices, student achievement, and fiscal responsibility.
- An Administration open to community involvement.
- A strong and inclusive leadership team that fosters problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Professional development to enhance the skills and knowledge of people in the organization.
- Continual monitoring of each student’s progress through the use of rigorous and meaningful measurement processes.
- A robust assessment system that supports data-driven decision-making.
- Broad-based business and stakeholder support.
- Involvement and partnerships.
- Responsive to the needs of parents.
- A teaching and learning environment that is physically safe and emotionally secure.
- A stimulating learning environment that meets individual student needs and focuses on the whole child.
- A culture of respect and connectivity within a professional community.
- Comprehensive programs across all campuses.