School closures and delays will be announced on the district home page in bright letters. In the absence of any message, school will be running on time, without delay. Notification of closure/delay will occur prior to 6:00 AM. Radio stations and news media will continue to be notified in these cases.
SchoolMessenger Phone Message
In the event of a school closure, delay, or emergency situation households will be notified prior to 6:00 AM via the SchoolMessenger phone service. The system will begin calling out at 5:30 AM, in order to reach all students and staff in a timely manner.
To ensure your phone number is update to receive these notifications, please contact your student's school office and update your contact information.
The Hermiston School District also has several resources parents can proactively check for school closures in the case of inclement weather or a chemical emergency. Updates are made daily by 6:00 AM if there is a delay or closure for that day.
Phone Message Access
Dialing the District mainline (541-667-6000) and pressing "1" will provide English callers with school closure, delay, and emergency information. To hear the information in Spanish, press "3" for Spanish and then "1" for the information.
- The district's homepage and this web page will post any closure
- Notices can be sent via text message to your cellular phone through Twitter:
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Click on "Settings" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the "Mobile" tab.
- Send a message with the word START to 40404.
- Note: Some carriers do not yet support Twitter. Twitter does not charge for this service. Your carrier's standard messaging rates apply.
- KOHU 1360 AM
- KQFM 100.1 FM